Please consider the following:

Note that the posts you find herein need edition. They are not finalized. They do still need some correction. I am more concered with doing the tasks for the moment being. These should be finalized soon. Thank you for understanding.

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Week 3: Summary of activities

Delicious:
When you save links as favourites on computer, you can’t get the them if you use another computer or you format it without keeping your favourites somewhere else. This is somehow annoying. Delicious makes it easy. Bookmarking your favourite sites is as simple as creating a delicious page; a very simple thing to do indeed but with great benefits. www.delicious.com can help save links for future use and share them with interested people the links. Tagging links on Delicious help find the links you are search quickly.
I have already got a Delicious page: http://delicious.com/mernaoui . I’ve added some websites I consider as interesting to teachers of English with the tag “Teaching_English”.

Developing Aural/oral skills discussion:
The discussion has been interesting. I’ve learned from my colleagues a lot. The websites I have seen are worth being bookmarked for future use. I highly recommend among the ones I’ve visited the following: http://www.esl-lab.com/ and http://www.real-english.com
Aural and oral skills cannot be separated and should be worked together. One of the good ways to teach English is through integrating skills. We can focus on a particular skill in a lesson, but I think we can not claim that it is the only one concerned. Skills overlap. It’s true that the targeted one would dominate but, may be with less focus, others are usually meant as well. I often ask myself at the end of my lessons: What have my students done today? I find that they have read, listened, written and spoken.

Technology and ELT

I have read this week different documents from http://www.uoregon.edu/~dhealey/techtips/sept2009.html
Best Practices in Technology and Language Teaching, http://www.elthillside.com/up/files/article4.doc. All of them stress on the advantages of technology on language teaching and suggest to teachers practical ways to integrate it into their classes. I have also studied some lesson plans from www.onestopenglish.com, www.esl-galaxy.com and www.realenglish.com and I focused on those that use technology to teach listening and speaking. I have learnt about some ways of using audio, videos in language classes. The discussion thread on Nicenet made it even more interesting. The participants have added other new ways and techniques and enriched the discussion with important insights and thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment