Please consider the following:

Note that the posts you find herein need edition. They are not finalized. They do still need some correction. I am more concered with doing the tasks for the moment being. These should be finalized soon. Thank you for understanding.

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Week 2: Summary of activities

The second week has been full of reading, discussions, hands-on activities, reflections... We have had four main activities to do: discussions, planning lessons using the ABCD method, making the first step towards projects and writing reflections on blogs. All the activities revolves namely around making the best searches on the web and learning objectives.
Reading different materials are a kind of prerequisites to undertake the activities. I have read six documents and a PowerPoint about (1)Writing objectives, (2)writing specific instructional/learning objectives (PPT), (3)classifying objectives, (4) NoodleTools, (5) better web searching, (6) Bloom's Taxonomy_Blooms Digitally, (7) Taxonomy of the technology domain. These have enabled me to improve the way I search for information on the web and made aware that Google and Yahoo are not always the best search engines for my interests. I have also learned how to apply the ABCD objective to plan my lessons.
Three discussion threads are taking place in Nicenet; the first is about web searching tools and techniques in which the participants exchanged ideas and experiences. The second thread is about learning objectives with the ABCD model in which I have tried to plan my lesson using the model. But after reading the others’ postings and Deborah’s guidance, I have managed to narrow the objectives into one-sentence objective following the ABCD model. The third thread is for describing our classes. This is considered as the first step toward our future project in the course.
I’ve also had the opportunity to go through some blogs of my colleagues and let some comments for them.
All in all, Planning lessons following the ABCD model, making better web searches and describing classes are the major interests of week two in the “Building Teaching Skills Through the Interactive Web” online course.

No comments:

Post a Comment