Please consider the following:

Note that the posts you find herein need edition. They are not finalized. They do still need some correction. I am more concered with doing the tasks for the moment being. These should be finalized soon. Thank you for understanding.

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Comments on lesson plans I have seen

Lesson plan 1: Using “OK” in English.

Source: http://www.onestopenglish.com/section.asp?catid=59414&docid=149703
Objective: Using materials of different types (texts, audios, videos), pre-intermediate to intermediate students will be able to understand the different uses of “OK” and use it appropriately in their speaking.

Lesson Plan 2: Video Games.

Source: http://esl.about.com/library/lessons/bl_videogames.htm
Objective: Given a short video games advertisement text, intermediate to advanced students will be able to use some new vocabulary items related to video games in discussions and writing.

Lesson Plan 3: The Deck of Conversations.

Source: http://www.onestopenglish.com/section.asp?catid=59414&docid=149704
Objective: Given a deck of playing cards (with the jokers), pre-intermediate to advanced students will be able to interact and exchange information correctly.

Lesson Plan 4: Using Flickr for English classes

Source: http://esl.about.com/od/conversationlessonplans/a/l_flickr.htm
Objective: Given photos taken from www.Flickr.com, pre-intermediate to intermediate students observe them and use their spoken language competency to compare and contrast them fluently.

Lesson Plan 5: Weather

Source: www.esl-galaxy.com
Objective: Using a PPT projection, elementary students will learn vocabulary related to the weather and use it properly to describe different types of the weather.

I have chosen to study lesson plans that have improving listening as a primary goal. They all use technology. I get inspired by some of them and I shall try to use them in my classes and in my project.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Hamid! Great work!
    I see you have summarized all information of the third week - I think it will be useful in future!

    You've asked me about adding new pages to your blog, here is my answer:

    It is quite simple:
    1) sign in to your account at blogger
    2) click on CUSTOMIZE
    3) you will see the window with the structure of your blog
    4) In the left corner choose POSTING
    5) In the lower row you will see NEW POST, EDIT POST, EDIT PAGE, COMMENT MODERATION
    6) chose EDIT PAGES
    7) there you'll find the botton NEW PAGE - just click it and begin to write, insert pictures, video, etc.
    8) don't forget to save all changes

    I hope my instructions will help you

    Good luck,
    Ruslana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ruslana for the respond and helpful notes. Your posts both in blog and Nicenet are always interesting to me . I always read your reactions and reflectionshe as your participation has always been one of my favourites.
    Keep the good work.
    hamid

    ReplyDelete