Please consider the following:

Note that the posts you find herein need edition. They are not finalized. They do still need some correction. I am more concered with doing the tasks for the moment being. These should be finalized soon. Thank you for understanding.

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Week 7 : Reflections.

This week has been full of work. I have to do some activities with my students before they go away. The school year is about to finish and I want to implement some of the new ideas I have learned in the course. Hopefully, I managed to get some feedback from them. I have created a blog and started some activities. There still many things to deal with, but I feel it’s a ggod start.

The course main focus this week is using technology to teach classes and interactive PowerPoint. Many documents and resources offered a good help in the discussions and carrying other tasks successfully. I couldn’t imagine how a teacher can teach a large size class, much larger than what we have in our context. I am convinced that our classes are not large as they are in many countries around the world. Technology can make the task simpler if used properly. There is a good number of tools and techniques that could be implemented and makes the whole process of teaching and learning simple, interesting and motivating for both teachers and students.

I used to use PowerPoint in my classes and in some lectures and workshops to my colleagues, but I have discovered that they needed a professional touch to be better. I have developed a lesson for my beginner students and upload it to the wiki. I have for sure developed my skills. Do please have a look at it and give me your opinion.

Yours,

Hamid

2 comments:

  1. Dear Hamid,

    I really enjoyed looking at your class blog. Those are some great photos that should spark discussion!

    Yours,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Deborah for the encouraging words.
    Yours,
    Hamid

    ReplyDelete