Please consider the following:

Note that the posts you find herein need edition. They are not finalized. They do still need some correction. I am more concered with doing the tasks for the moment being. These should be finalized soon. Thank you for understanding.

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Week 5: Reflections

Week 5 is special to me. Much work and more hands-on workshop. The activities focused on two major things: Project-based learning and WebQuest. The reading materials have given me clear ideas about what these mean and how effective they are in teaching English language. Enhanced PBL with technology improves the students' creativity, critical thinking, problem solving skills and other competencies.

On Nicenet, three major threads of discussion have been taking place: “Technology-enhanced projects or WebQues”, “Describe a potential change” and “Project-based learning and WebQuest”. As usual, these along with our blogs have been fertile lands for new ideas, creativity and sharing. I have learned discovered some weaknesses I have in my proposals and participated in fruitful discussions. These discussions are my favourites. Much collaboration and exchange of ideas take place in mutual respect and responsibility.

Another interesting thing I have done this week is creating my first English Speaking Countries WebQuest for my students. This is my first trial. It has been so demanding, but I managed to create one.

Using WebQuest in project-based task makes the activity more fruitful. It’s motivating. and enhances the learners' autonomy The learners learn to use the internet properly while learning and building skills they’d need in their future lives.

Happy PBL and Webquest activities to all.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Hamid,
    You did a great job on the WebQuest! I believe you must have really worked hard -- Congrats! I agree with Nadinne who commented earlier that it would be helpful to use in our classrooms to get students away from thinking that English is only US and UK.

    Thanks for commenting on my blog last week. I agree with you that as teachers we understand our students and can create the lesson just for them, adapted to their needs and hopefully with their interest at heart. Indeed we are constantly changing our lessons to try to reach every student and their specific learning styles (as we are reading about this week). That's why teaching is so time-consuming and demanding! Especially at the middle school level - bravo for you, I taught middle school for 10 years so indeed I understand some of what you face. I hope your WebQuest really enthuses them about learning English!

    Yours,
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete